Saturday, July 16, 2011

The road travels in two directions

I had a disturbing thought. What if my life on the roads of Houston Texas run in two directions? When I described my experience on the road as a microcosm of my life, I was imagining two separate worlds - my life on the road and my "real life. " And that  I could reflect on my experiences on the road and then try to apply them to my life. But what if my life on the road is a reflection of my "real life?" What if my thoughts and actions while driving rise out of what is happening in the rest of my life.  What if my encounters on the road were so to speak, "the straw that broke the camels back," and out come pouring in this more impersonal and unaccountable time, the real condition of my life.

The thought is disturbing because if it is true in any way, then I might have to experience change and healing in my "real life" so that I can be different on the road. I did not bargain for this. This adventure may have just become a two way street.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how we can start the journey thinking we are headed in one direction and the Lord is actually LEADING us. We just started cooperating! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This topic has been on my mind since Wednesday. I appreciate the accountability you are seeking on this issue and it will keep me mindful of where my heart is when I make "traffic justice" my responsibility!

    ReplyDelete